common courtesy.
like kinda. wow. somehow this issue is being brought up heavily due to the recent change we've gotten ourselves into. and erm yes, life is a learning process! ;) guess i've gotta self-evaluate and yadda dump-dum-dee-dump-dum-dum dee-dum-dum~ ouch at the randomness man. LOL change for the better!
anyways, yes. back to the matter at hand. what in the world is common courtesy lah? like seriously, wth? a random google:
http://wso.williams.edu/wiki/index.php/Common_courtesy
something like that. I guess. perhaps. Blah! ): It's probably something to do with politeness and random stuff and all. and then i started thinking. Generally, i consider myself a rather polite person. Or at least I try to be polite to anyone older than me. I remember learning about those polite manner and conduct in public in primary school; putting your hand out and bending when crossing in front of others, greeting every single teacher you meet in the school corridors, using the words "thank you", "please", "excuse me", and "I'm sorry"... giving seats to people who need them etc.
Now, it sometimes feels awkward to be doing it.
(Okay, recently i've realized that i sometimes interrupt people when they're talking. SORRY! Will try my best not to do it often!
And in the past few days, i've noticed that i have quite little net etiquette as well. lol
Okay i'll let it out of the box! I admit it!!! I forgot to thank everyone on my fb that wished me happy bday last year! sigh. DONE! lol not that anyone cares but yes, for my own small consciousness which nags at me forever.)
I remember this saying very well, having learnt it and i remember preaching about it to someone i can't remember who, "treat others as you want them to treat you." and of course, all of us should expect to receive the type of attitude that you are giving to the other party. Nein?
Technically, we haven't been receiving much of what we've been giving(or receiving what we didn't give lol), and it's disappointing. Is it just me, or is our current generation getting less ed on etiquette? (Not that i'm claiming to be a polite ass/ miss goody two shoes wth) but seriously, it's disappointing. I don't know if it's one person, or everyone, but wow, it's just so demotivating you don't know what to do! or even if you want to continue trying. So yes, i'm sitting here. Typing this very seemingly odd post. It might be just due to the fact that I'm close-minded and old fashioned but yeah, you don't even know if they realize it themselves. It's superbly annoying okay, thank you very much. Or maybe it's just people. Sigh, people. Why do they cause misery to the people around them... And bias is such a powerful tool. Can't help but fall deeper and deeper.
But yeah, I do hope this post is proven wrong. Because seriously, I'm tired of whining about it and feeling like i'm caught in the middle. Because I do feel like i'm caught in the middle. Oddly. And it's getting on my frail, patient nerves. bleh. It makes me feel like ignoring the world. And i hate it that I have to get back on my feet and still respond to it.
I do like my Orientation group though ;) Of course I like my fellow O.Os even more :D
Now, i need to sleep. Nitey! And so comes the last post from, b262! And yes i do realize that this post is confused. I'm so confused. I probably need to come back and edit this post like mad. zzz
No comments:
Post a Comment