We were in the Kingdom of Cambodia for 10 days :) Attached to HisChild International, we participated in their activities and had loads of fun! Meeting new people and doing new things! :D
I never thought I would enjoy smiling as much as I enjoyed smiling at the children over there. :) of course there are exceptions ): like children selling random stuff you've gotta reject etc. But really, we were on the tuktuk, and I randomly smiled at a small girl in another tuktuk and she shyly smiled back at me :D She even waved back at me when our tuktuks were going in different directions lol In Malaysia I would probably get stared down for being a creepy stranger haha :P IDK maybe? hehe shall experiment it another time lol
Our third day there was probably the most depressing of all, visiting the killing fields and the genocide museum. Seeing, hearing and reading about the endless tortures and killing in that dark period of Cambodian history... It really made me appreciate what I have. Can't fathom how these people could ever justify the murder of all those who died. What was in the mind of Khmer Rouge? ): I can't imagine it. I don't think I can ever understand it no matter how much I read about it. Probably I've been ignorant for most of my life and thus, now reading about this is making so many mixed emotions surface. I wouldn't have knew about this if I had not gone on this trip. And in a way I'm glad I'm starting to learn more.
- the children we sat with at the lunch table! :Dthere was ki'eng? polpol? haha i can't remember the other names ;_;
The orphanage children were also filled with smiles hehe and generously sharing food with us. I'm sure they'll enjoy their new home! Hope they grow up to be goodgood people :) Who knows maybe we'll meet again! Shall see if i have the moneyyyy... zzz D:

-we did it together! :)
It was really an eye opener. And I think something in me has definitely changed after this trip. Some twisted sense in me has probably found the right path? idk haha. Well we can only wait and see how I grow from the experience I gained in this trip :)
God bless the kindred spirits who are working for a good cause all over the world and help all of us be better people :)
For now, to my dear family and friends! haha I love you and I really do appreciate every single one of you! :D Thanks for being in my life hehe

No comments:
Post a Comment