wax-up stage of tooth setting! :)
the oddest thing happened... you see, the other day when i was all stressed out over research AND hungry, i walked into the DTL and jun ai let me play around with her wax up of her pts denture... and, I was HAPPY! The food hunger momentarily disappeared as I had the set up to melt and cool and adjust wherever i want! Then of course hunger and reality came back as time was running out to do the research. sigh.
But the happiness was real! And out of a sudden, yesterday I thought about it. And I finally understood the reason why I liked making dentures. Honestly speaking, I think its the silence of working :). Concentrating and focusing on the task at hand. The fact that I can spend as much time as I want doing it without any whatsoever pressure. And finally producing a usable prostheses! (HAHA yeah i know my previous dentures were just for decorative! purposes :p)
Of course I know this might all change when I actually have a denture patient and have not enough time to make the denture and study etc all at the same time. And truthfully, I might not be all that confident to have a denture case with all the language barrier etc which may come along with a prostheses needing patient... with all the impression taking, MMRs and whatnots which come along in the whole procedure. But well... I guess with interest and the will to do it, I'll look forward to my first denture patient in the future! :) We'll see how it goes then!
No comments:
Post a Comment